Last.FM: Recently listened

Monday, April 07, 2008

Arrival in Cambridge

Last Friday, Christiane and I went to Cambridge since I was about to start my internship with Microsoft Research today. We flew from Dresden to Dusseldorf and then to Stansted, from where we caught a bus to Cambridge.

I rented a room in a house already some months ago and after arriving at the house with my landlord, we realized that this would be a place good enough to sleep - no more and no less. :) The good thing about the room is that I am currently the only tenant, which means I get the whole house for me alone. The bad thing about the house is that I am currently the only tenant and there has been no one living in the house for some months now. This way, Christiane and I spent the first few hours cleaning the house and making room to live.

On Saturday and Sunday we discovered the old city center of Cambridge by just walking around a lot. We visited the really amazing King's College Chapel and I was about to have my first (and second...) fully English breakfast. As you read this, I am obviously still alive. ;)

My weekend was made by discovering the Cambridge outlet of Borders bookstores. This should be definitely enough to read, if I'm tired of work later this week.

No comments: