Last.FM: Recently listened

Friday, November 04, 2005

One - two - three - FIRE!

We really had a bad night today. Went to bed some time after midnight and woke up from the noise of a party in the room above around 4 o'clock in the morning.
I live in a dormitory, so such things sometimes happen. It's annoying, but you can do nothing about it (except maybe attending the party yourself... *g*).

So I was just a bit pissed of, because they didn't let me sleep. But then at about 4:45, the fire alarm started to ring. Cursing I stood up and went out to see what was going on. You could easily differ the experienced students from the newbies: as a newbie you rush out of the house when the alarm rings, if you are more experienced, you know that most of the time some drunken idiot simply wanted to make fun of waking up all the house.

As an experienced student I first went to see whether there really was a problem. Well, this time it was: The 4th floor was full of smoke which came out of a room. So now it was time to really leave the house as also the fire department was already arriving and requested us to leave the house.

Nice happening: all the residents standing out on the street at 5 in the morning. Let's see it optimistic: The good thing about this is, that you can meet all the people you know and haven't seen for a while. ;) But in fact it's terrible if you get awoken by a loud and annoying bell and then stand out in the cold. (Another advantage as an experienced student: I put on my warm clothes instead of rushing out in my pyjama...)

At 5:30 the party was nearly over. The fire fighters did their job well and we could return to our beds. I guess I don't need to mention that we did not get up as early as usual, today. Instead we slept until ten and then slowly started to get up and to embrace a new day.

1 comment:

Bjoern said...

seems you are well-informed... :)