Last.FM: Recently listened

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

[Holiday] Slovakia

Friends and me spent a week in the High Tatras - the world's smallest high mountaineous area. Not that much to mention as I do not want to bore the readers (if I should have some...). We went hiking through the mountains and had a lot of sun. Very nice.

One thing got me shaking during this week. I have been hiking in the Tatras for years now - the first time at the age of three. But one thing was different this year: there was not so much wood there as I hat gotten used to. Last year a forest fire killed some amount of wood. As if this wasn't enough, a tornado hit the mountains later that year, smashing even larger areas of trees. Driving the main road along the mountains (which once was a road through the woods), you only see devastated areas. Or as our renter brought it to the point: "No problem. In 50 years everything will be okay again..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything changes for the better or worse ... I want to see pictures :)

Anonymous said...

nice blog mr. bjoern

i think blogging is a cool hype but i will resist and don't start an own blog.... bernte

Anonymous said...

no you have to start your own

Bjoern said...

No, bernte, you will start a blog as soon as you read this...